This site is currently inactive.
Links and other features on this site are currently unavailable.
Wedding ceremonies and receptions are rife with tradition, and many of those traditions are celebrations of the two families joining together. One of the more popular traditions is the mother-son dance during the reception when the mother of the groom gets to shine on the dance floor with her son as guests watch. Some mother-son combinations choose to go with a more traditional song for their dance, while others prefer to turn up the volume and get down to a more modern song. The following are some popular songs chosen for the mother-son dance.
* "What a Wonderful World" -- Louis Armstrong
* "In My Life" -- The Beatles
* "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)" -- James Taylor
* "Summer Wind" -- Frank Sinatra
* "Simple Man" -- Lynyrd Skynyrd
* "Forever Young" -- Rod Stewart
* "The Wind Beneath My Wings" -- Bette Midler
* "Child Of Mine" -- Carole King
* "God Only Knows" -- The Beach Boys
* "Blessed" -- Elton John
* "Just The Way You Are" -- Billy Joel
* "I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song" -- Jim Croce
* "You've Got A Friend In Me" -- Randy Newman